Jeffrey Archer, zillionaire author who omitted to tell the truth in court. Ben Johnson, disgraced Olympic sprinter whose gold medal win was steroid-assisted. And Miss Nevada 2007, who was photographed kissing other young women, exposing one of her breasts and showing her thong at a party in Tampa.
What do they have in common? I will tell you. They were stripped of their titles. Or in Archer's case, should have been.
It is now my unfortunate duty to do the same to Sean Thomas, who was recently named Person of the Week. The reasons can be found at NWM's blog
where she has been questioning whether he is being ironic or is just a knob. It is now clear that he is a knob, for the following reasons:
1. He claims to be busy ("not enough to make me interrupt my day to comment on a blog") yet manages to find the time to leave 4 self-promoting comments on NWM's blog and 1 on mine.
2. He puts plugs in for his blog AND his new book (Never Change A Baby With A Hangover (Bloomsbury, June 2008)), under the guise of comments.
3. He is so proud of calling someone "sour faced french cunt" that he tells us how to find it.
4. Not only is he under the impression that I am a Kiwi, he also makes a Kiwi/sheep shagger gag. Which no-one has done before. Ever.
5. His book really is a bit rubbish.
6. He has sold loads more than me.
While Sean is left to pick up the shattered pieces of his life, there'll be dancing in the streets of Scotland, where Cat
is about to take over as Person of the Week.