Monday, December 18, 2006

All around the world


Yes, it's the title of an obscure song by the Jam, of which I am extremely fond. But it also conveys the fact that I have been cybertraveling the globe in search of praise for Amazon's 236,340th bestselling book. First stop Australia, where Miss T has been reading and blogging about it. Best quote? "It's sort of like Dr Zhivago with Alan Rickman and loads of wanking". Next, it is on to Canada, where Dinah also had some very nice things to say. Best quote? "I considered putting it on my Christmas list, but ultimately I decided that I did not want my parents buying a book with a speedo-ed man on the cover". Finally, Malaysia, where Sharlini enjoyed the book in its downloaded PDF format. Best quote? "It’s hilarious, but I’m not too sure about the ending".
Oh no. She didn't like the ending? A question for those who have read it - did you like the ending?

5 Comments:

Blogger Dinah said...

I loved the ending. And I'm not just saying that, to say how much I loved it. I really had a genuine smile on my face at the end...I had felt it building and really wanted it to turn out the way that it did. So...yeah, I liked the ending.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Miss Smuggersham said...

I thought the ending was perfect, you redeemed Trevor and it could have gone to shit, but he did the right thing!

I really enjoyed it!

12:07 AM  
Blogger Happybutterfly said...

I liked the ending too but agree with Sharlini's comment from the link.

4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wrote something long and insightful and F***ING BLOGGER deleted it, so I'm not typing it all again. Instead I shall do a mini review of your tome on my site. This evening probably.
I expect.

(Any money Blogger deletes this too.)

4:37 AM  
Blogger Tigrrr said...

I go offline for 15 days and I miss all the excitement? Tsk. I would have preferred you on the plane, Dave. I didn't want it to end like that, I wanted to read MORE!!! More, I say! Not a whole chapter, perhaps a maximum of five short paragraphs. Just enough to get you on that plane and fastening your seatbelt.

Or sampling the delicious airplane fare, even.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home