Thursday, November 30, 2006

You know your book's not doing well when...

...your publisher has an end-of-year roundup on how all their books are doing and yours isn't mentioned. Which means it is amongst their worst sellers. Even though it's only been out for 4 or so months, there have already been plenty of ups and downs - of which this is just the latest. Seeing e-luv as one of only five novels recommended on the Waterstone's website last month was brilliant. As was making the front cover of the Big Issue. As was having the book translated into Russian. And seeing it in nearly 100 public libraries. But then there has been all the rubbish stuff, like...nah, it's too depressing. I think I'll stop there.

5 Comments:

Blogger Miss Smuggersham said...

well, a copy of your impressive tome arrived today! I have already read a little bit and I am loving it!

Can't wait to read the rest!

11:55 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

No no no no to rubbish stuff.
Just stick to good stuff. Do you get copies of e-luv in Russian?

This post has made me sad :(
Please be happy.
Please stock your fridge.

Cx

2:33 AM  
Blogger Dinah said...

I know it's not the same as a big important list, but it's the #1 book on my Christmas list.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to wait until then.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Angela-la-la said...

Dear Alan Rickman wannabe,

I've just spent a couple of hours reading your blog/pdf book and a very enjoyable 120 mins they were too!

Unfortunately, during that time I've forgotten how I found you so I'll never be able to thank the person that supplied the link but I can thank you for making me laugh and cringe and relate to the story of Trevor and his modem fuelled obsessions.

I plan to order actual copies of the book as christmas gifts for those friends of mine that don't understand just how real online connections can feel and also for those online friends that don't understand honest real-life connections.

Win win for you and the very clean fridge, person of the week for me?

ROFL etc etc.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Dave.

I am sorry if my blog post caused a downer. It was meant to be an update on how our Christmas titles were performing and as e-luv came out in June I didn't class it as one of our festive publications. That is not to say that it wouldn't make a fine gift for lovers everywhere this Yuletide.

S

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home