Thursday, October 26, 2006

My elderly aunt reads e-luv

I have a sort of pseudo aunt who is in her late seventies. When she found out I was writing a book, she insisted on ordering it from her village bookshop. As you can imagine, the idea terrified me. I told her that she'd hate it - but she would not be put off. The thought of her reading about used knickers, inept shagging and rubbish cybersex brought me out in a cold sweat. The months passed and I was beginning to think I'd got away with it. Until this morning, when I got an email from her which started "you were right when you said it was not my kind of thing". Bizarrely, she then went on to say that she really enjoyed it.
She also mentioned that she had passed it on to her friend Nora, but not to worry about lost royalties because Nora "never would have bought it".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny post. made, if anything, more funny by me mis-reading the first line as 'I have a paedo aunt'

2:29 AM  
Blogger aminah said...

haha it reminds me of how I mentally edit what I am going to write on the blog in fear of offending the clan...not good for free style creativity..your aunt will love the book!! She just might not tell you though...

12:12 AM  
Blogger Happybutterfly said...

Found you through Metro. Glad I came. Will be back. Am just reading backwards so sorry if comments are a bit behind. It would be a nightmare for me too if my family read anything that I wrote, so it's great that your aunt liked it!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home