Friday, November 10, 2006

I get a sales update from the publisher

Clare emails me about once a month to give me the latest news on how e-luv is doing and I heard from her yesterday. She reports that half of the initial print run has been sold "and it's only been published a few months". There have been returns, mainly, I suspect, from my favourite book chain Waterstones. Apparently, this pretty much always happens when a book has been in a promotion like 3 for 2. To help get sales moving, Friday are trying to get e-luv into some of the Valentine's Day promotions which is a fabulous idea. Other than that, it's hard to see what anyone can do - maybe just hope for the word of mouth thing to work. Or for one of the major papers or magazines to pick up on it. Or for some celeb to start raving on about it. If you can help spread the e-luv or have any ideas, do please let me know...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must buy this book of yours....

6:55 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

It may be time for you to streak naked in a public place, whilst clutching a copy of e-luv.
I see this as the way forward.
Let us know how you get on :-)

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your book in Waterstones. I liked the introduction. That's all I have to say.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Happybutterfly said...

Streaking sounds like the way to go;-)

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home