Monday, October 15, 2007

Just when you thought it was over..

Fifteen months have passed since e-luv came out and it's now vanished from the shops and languishing in the lower 200,000s on Amazon.
But something strange has been happening for the past few months - I seem to be seeing more reviews and getting more emails about it than I did when it was on the shelves.
Recently, I found this:

Then there was this:

And this:

And this:

And this from a MySpace profile:

Why is this happening? anyone got any ideas?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved your book :) it deserves to be top 10! it kept me up until 3am! glued to every word and page! so thank you for entertaining me with amusement :) x

5:30 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Thank you, Gina. I like you a lot.

2:10 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Word of mouth - notoriously slow but it can only happen once you have a gen-u-ine published book. And weirdly, it does seem to go in flurries so maybe karma gets a look in too ...

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I'm just about to add to it! I'll be posting my review some time this afternoon / this evening (on Bookarazzi as well as my blog).

In my case it's pure chance. I had a massive pile of BWBD books to be read, have been gradually working my way through them and came to yours - which I confess had got lost at a bottom of a pile and I forgot I had it - this week.

I absolutely loved it. Consumed it in one sitting, found it funny, warm, insightful, very clever. And loved the ending.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Bookdreamer said...

Hi, it evidence that books have a life after they are sold and that the swap circuit and blog reviews are generating interest by creating word of mouth. I have noticed that publishers have now started to send newly released books out to blogers(I have had three given to me)as part of a marketing ploy

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home