Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The mansion will have to wait.


I have had to downsize my plans on what to do with my first royalty cheque from e-luv. After hearing how much it will be, the mansion in the South of France has been put on hold and instead I will be using it to pay a month's rent on my sparsely-furnished bungalow in a once-fashionable suburb of Wellington.
Still, the cheque does mean that I've earned around £1.25 an hour from writing the book, so technically, I am a professional author. Even if I do get paid less than my son, who delivers pizzas.

3 Comments:

Blogger Timbo said...

Got to earn a crust somehow haven't you? And I'm sure the royalties will go up as your fame spreads. Just you wait.

Ps. Do you get free pizzas?

5:22 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

No, Timbo. he gets a free pizza at the end of the shift and DOES NOT SHARE ANY OF IT WITH ME. The kids of today, eh?

2:40 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Maybe if you shared your cheque with him, then he would share his pizzas with you?

x

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home