Monday, March 19, 2007

How not to write a book

I have started work on the e-luv sequel and it is, quite frankly, brilliant. Actually, it's currently known as re-luv, which means that Clare Weber won the naming competition from a few weeks ago and I forgot to mention it. Anyway, progress would be a lot quicker if I could avoid the following habits:

* Jumping out of my chair every time I write a line I think is really good and reading it out to whoever is in the room. And then sulking if they don't laugh.

* Taking a break every 5 minutes so I can check the latest football news as well as seeing who has visited this blog.

* Deciding that writing is just too hard and that staring vacantly at the screen is far easier.

* Spending hours compiling music playlists, often around a pointless theme such as "songs by 80s bands with insane haircuts".

* Checking emails every couple of minutes. Despite the fact I know there won't be any, because if there WAS one, I'd already know thanks to the "new mail alert" sound.

Re-luv will probably be in the shops around July 2015.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does that mean that the most beautiful, funny and interesting character (who does nothing embarrassing) is now called Clare?!

Brilliant.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Timbo said...

I think I'm going to cry.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Yes, Clare it is true. Although I didn't say anything about doing nothing embarrassing. However, I will accept bribes to ensure that the character only does sensible things.
Timbo, it was for your own good. Think of it as tough love.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Hmmm - a little discipline is called for.

No, not THAT kind.

The only-check-your-blog/emails-as-a-reward-for-writing-x-number-of-words type.

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes you did!

"I promise that it'll be a really goodlooking and funny character who will do nothing embarrassing."

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home