Monday, September 11, 2006

The good, the bad and the ugly

For anyone interested in writing, as opposed to nipples, here are the good, bad and ugly things I've discovered about having a book out. I would like to point out (before anyone else does) that the "ugly" section isn't really ugly at all. It's just a contrivance to make the snappy headline work.

The good - Finding new comments or reviews most days, almost all positive. Today I found one that said "I actually have snorted in places because I found it so funny".

The bad - Going to amazon.co.uk and seeing this:
Amazon.co.uk Sales Rank: #156,789 in Books

The ugly - Agents. You'd think it would be easier to find one when you've had a book published, but it seems to make no difference.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you get the book published? Did you just send it in to publishers on spec?

6:37 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Yes, just sent it to friday Project and got lucky.

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have just downloaded Air out my shorts..from itunes. All 54 episodes. Hey...send in a short version of e-luv. Just a thought
White Man Waller

5:36 AM  
Blogger City Slicker said...

I bought a copy last week at The Riverside Bookshop in Hyas Galleria London. It was a birthday present for a freind. One of those presents you want for yourself so you know it must be a good one. I will get myself my own copy this week!

All the best of luck!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

This is fabulous news, Slicker. Do let me know what you think of it.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home