Monday, September 04, 2006

A really bad idea

Sometimes, it's best to reveal the truly awful ideas only when the urge to act on them has passed. Some background: as any regular reader will know, work had dried up for me last month and I was so broke that I had a stack of bills I couldn't pay, as well as pretty much no chance of making the rent. So I hit upon what seemed an idea of pure genius - putting the film rights to e-luv up on eBay. Not only was it relevant, dead clever and postmodern, but it would also generate huge publicity resulting in a 6-figure deal. Strangely, not one person shared my enthusiasm for this and the idea was quietly dropped.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,
Nice blog, I'm very pleased you're linking to me from it. I'll pop a link back from mine.

Anyway, I just wanted to say how cool it is that you've actually owned up to having a bad idea. I actually think it could've been a very good idea, but a lot of things I think are good ideas don't seem to work out, so that doesn't mean much... You've got to keep giving things a go though haven't you? One of these days you'll come up with a gem, I'm sure.

Jx

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's a good idea.

Set the reserve at 100K or whatever and do it.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Thanks Julia - I did decide to give it a try. No bids yet, unsurprisingly. Anonymous. OK, will do.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home