Thursday, January 18, 2007

And the winner is...


I have won a few awards in my time. There was my Karori Swifts " Goal of the Season 1990 " award, which was slightly tainted because I was in charge of judging. There was also a Cannes Silver Lion. But these are meaningless when compared with the honour which has recently been bestowed upon me. You see, this blog has beaten off no competition whatsoever to win the prestigious " Best blog that mentions this blog" category in Timbo's 2nd annual Swampy Awards. I see it as recognition of the fact I was so desperate to sell just one copy of e-luv, that I spent several days publicly pleading with Timbo to buy it.
Eventually he did. And then he gave me this award. I love Timbo.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

I note with excitement that Tim's Dad is listening to The Magnetic Fields, who Dave introduced me to a few years ago...as he also did with The Flaming Lips, who are spookily Tims fav band...and I wonder about it all.

2:05 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Oh my goodness! What will you wear?????

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Dave, it was beautiful desperation. Just beautiful.

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home