Sunday, September 24, 2006

Amazon isn't totally rubbish

Visiting amazon.co.uk is usually a painful experience. But not today. While it is true that the book is still languishing somewhere in the 70,000s, I found consolation in the form of a fabulous review by someone calling himself alproc.

As part of my commitment to make life as easy as possible for readers of this blog, I will now give you a taste of the review headed WILDLY ENTERTAINING. A 2006 "STEALTH BEST-SELLER" IN THE U.K.:


"The writing is blisteringly funny, moving, and smart as a whip--story-telling that is droll, descriptive and effortless. And, in the modern fashion, streamlined, in small digestible sections, as if for easy email or web consumption.

Roberts' writing is at least as funny as David Sedaris, and also reminds me of the black comedy of Augusten Burroughs 2004 memoir "Dry." Actually, I think it's rather better. After 10 pages I could not put this book down, and finished its 186 pages in less than three hours. I closed it reluctantly, wishing there were more volumes from this author to dive in to.".

To read more, go here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jude said...

Oh no! I have a rival for reviewer of the week!!!

Jx

2:52 PM  
Blogger NON-WORKINGMONKEY said...

I love you but you are are not as funny as David Sedaris. It's a fact. I'm sorry. Funny in a different way perhaps.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home