Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Another e-luv is coming your way


Yes, I have decided to write a sequel to Britain's best-loved internet romance novel. The reasons for this change of heart aren't entirely clear. I've definitely been re-energised by TFP's decision to republish e-luv with a new cover - I think that could really make a big difference. I also like the fact that around 30 people (OK, I know it's not many but it is to ME) have written asking if there was going to be a sequel. But most of all, if I'm honest, it's down to ego. I LIKE seeing my name on a book in the shops and reading reviews. Well, most of them anyway.
It is early days. As yet there is no publisher, only a vague plot and a couple of chapters. But at least I have a photo for the dust jacket, which I stole from a proper writer's website - isn't he a sexy beast?

8 Comments:

Blogger Pomgirl said...

Who is that? He has a very thoughtful pose, perfect for a writer.

When I worked in a library I used to love looking at the dust jackets on books and sniggering at the strange author photos. It always surprised me that so many authors (particularly crime writers) would be photographed with their pets. Ruth Rendell looked like she was strangling her cat, while Robert B Parker was holding an enormous rottweiler by a lead. Very strange.

Have you read Written Lives by Javier Marias? He has been collecting old photos/postcards of famous writers for years and a chapter of the book is spent analysing the poses/appearance of writers in these photos. It's quite amusing.

Anyway, good luck with the new book!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Hello Pomgirl. His name is M. Bedell and he writes stories beginning with things like 'Jack comes home from a business trip to find his wife brutally murdered'. His characters are generally Navy Seals out for revenge and his work has been produced by Patriot Pictures.
That is all I know about him.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Sequelitis, is the technical term I believe.

It's where you start to write the next book and the characters from the first pop up their heads and wave at you, saying, 'Remember us? We're still here. You've created us and now we're out in the world, so you may as well write about us since we're here anyway ...'

Good luck!

Oh and where did you find that photo of me?

10:15 AM  
Blogger Dinah said...

I'm so excited by this news! And a little bit by the picture.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Debi, as you well know, it is ME. Is there a sequel in the works for Trading Tatiana (which was a fabulous read)?
Dinah, I would hope you're more than a little excited by the picture.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

He is rather lovely.
Perhaps you could suggest that he is on your front cover?

Good luck Dave - with the writing and the publisher finding and the everything else. I'm looking forward to reading it.
x

11:51 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

No! No! He's me ... I spotted him first ... Oh. No, I didn't ...

Sequels 3 & 4 are with agent while I try to spend as much time writing no 5 as I do blogging. Not doing so well on that front, I'm afraid. But thanks for kind words.

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lie! I know that picture is your latest publicity shot, and nothing can convince me otherwise.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home