Tuesday, February 06, 2007

e-luv 1 Ashley Cole 0

There are not many books that have been outsold by e-luv. So you can imagine my delight on reading that last summer's self-serving, greed-fuelled extended whine by England footballer Ashley Cole had sold all of 2,400 copies. Among the revelations found inside are the fact that he was so incandescent with rage when told that his club had only offered him £55,000 a week (he was talking to his agent on his mobile at the time) that he had to pull his car over to the side of the road.
I wouldn't like to be the one who has to tell him the size of his book royalty cheque.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms Melancholy said...

I am just about to go to bed......clutching my copy of e-luv, which arrived this morning! Hooray! One more copy sold, Dave x

3:23 PM  
Blogger Dinah said...

Hooray! That's awesome.

In related news, I also slept with my copy of e-luv. That's just how it made me feel.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Ms Melancholy said...

Aah, yes, that was slightly ambiguous wasn't it?

2:11 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Thanks, Ms M and Dinah. For once I am speechless. But happily so.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

You'll be delighted to hear you've outsold loads of the celeb biogs.

Unfortunately, it probably won't stop publishers flinging out yet more massive advances ...

It's good to know though!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home