Tuesday, February 27, 2007

An exclusive interview with Dave Roberts

Since no-one has interviewed me for months, and since no-one has shown any interest in interviewing me, I have decided to interview myself, asking the tough questions that YOU demand the answers to.

So Dave, how's it going?

Not bad, thanks.

What kind of music does a top author like yourself listen to while writing?

Good question. My current playlist has Saint Etienne, the Handsome Family, Eno, Babybird, Grandaddy, Billy Bragg and Bucks Fizz.

Dave, the sequel to e-luv is eagerly awaited by literally thousands of people. When will it be finished?

I'm planning on having it done by early next year. Due to having a zero attention span, I'm writing two more books at the same time - and jumping from one to another.

That's great. Talking of books, are there any you're particularly looking forward to reading this year?

Why yes, there are. In Search of Adam by Caroline Smailes and Confessions of a Chatroom Freak by Biffo both look fabulous.

What's in your fridge currently?

A half-eaten can of kidney beans and some cauliflower.

Has anyone sent you any Oatibix yet?

No. But they really should since it is compatible with the hideous diet I am on.

When's your birthday?

Funny you should mention that - it's tomorrow, March 1st.

Dave, I know your time is extremely valuable, so I'll wind it up there. Thanks very much for talking to me.

No problem.

4 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

Oh you are a sweetie.
My novel looks forward to being read by you too.
Happy birthday for tomorrow. I hope that you have a nice cake with candles on it.
x

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you
Squashed tomatoes and stew
Bread and butter
In the gutter
Happy birthday to you

Are you 51 or 52? Haaaa Haaaa Haaaaa.

Notty, SE23
p.s. The interview was funny.

2:08 PM  
Blogger . said...

You do realise that every time you plug my book, I feel obliged to your book?

Happy birthday, guy.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Dinah said...

That reminds me of when my Grandmother has conversations with herself. Great interview, though.

Happy belated birthday!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home