Sunday, March 04, 2007

A bizarre turn of events


Some of you will still be in a state of shock at this vitriolic post from the author of Millions of Women are Waiting to Meet You, Sean Thomas (shown here with one of his millions of women).
There has now been a dramatic turn of events.
You will recall that he took exception to my saying that his book was rubbish. This was based on reading the prologue which really was a bit rubbish, so I didn't bother with the rest. At a loose end last Sunday, I decided to read a bit more.
Now, you have no idea how much this hurts to say, especially given the knobbish way he behaved, but I have to give credit where it's due and I thought it was really good. Laugh-out-loud-funny, poignant, honest and hard to put down - especially when he's talking about his internet adventures. You even end up quite liking him. And the final line is the best I've read since e-luv's.
I would grudgingly recommend it to anyone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's gracious. I'm touched. ST.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Noooooooooooooo.
This is a wind up. Why would you write such a thing?
Why? Oh why?
You know that I am easily confused.
I must sulk now.
*runs out of room with flappy arms*

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home