Thursday, March 01, 2007

e-luv: the movie - the update


I have discovered how film production companies work. You hear nothing from them for months, followed by a flurry of activity, before hearing nothing again for the next few months.
Anyway, I just got an email from the producer who has e-luv "in development". She sent pages and pages of notes, packed with words like "beats" and "3-act structure".
They have come up with a fantastically inventive way of shooting it, which I'd better not describe here. Not because I'm discreet, but because I'm paranoid they'll google e-luv and find this site.
Things seem to be progressing nicely and the next step is getting funding, which means that the full script needs to be written. Luckily, they have someone who is doing that, so I can just sit back and take all the credit (if it goes well) or whine about how I could have done better (if it goes badly).

8 Comments:

Blogger Timbo said...

Well, if Michael Winner (who, incidentally, looks a lot like a boiled radish) is involved the it's bound to be a hit!

Can I come to the premiere?

1:04 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Can I come to the premiere in my bridesmaid dress that isn't being used? Please?

Happy birthday x

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire your cunning plan.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Timbo, the premiere wouldn't be a premiere without you. Doesn't Winner live down your way?
Caroline - as long as you don't take too much attention away from ME ME ME.
Amy, thank you. It is always good when genius is appreciated.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Timbo said...

Right, firstly, there should be a letter 'n' after the 'the' inbetween 'involved' and 'it's'.

And secondly, happy bloody birthday chap!

I'm banning myself from the premiere for forgetting. It's only fair.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Dinah said...

This makes me really excited.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant! Although Large Northern Flatmate and I were chatting last night about films, as we do, and he mentioned a script a guy had written that got commissioned.
They started prinicpal filming fourteen years later.

Just so's you know.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

This is so cool I've got goosebumps!

4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home